GP Practice Registration
As Australia’s largest network of home visiting doctors, National Home Doctor Service provides after hours support to more than 2,000 GP Practices nationally. We have been providing quality, urgent medical care after hours for more than thirty years and are accredited by AGPAL and GPA to RACGP standards.
Why more GPs trust 13SICK, National Home Doctor Service
- As Australia's leading medical deputising service, we have the largest team of Doctors on the road in the after hours, and the most sophisticated on-road technology supporting them. This ensures that your patients are seen in the most timely manner.
- More than 200 of our Doctors are Fellows of the RACGP. Our Doctor workforce is underpinned by our Clinical Advisory Group, which is responsible for setting all clinical policies and reviewing all operational policies, as well as offering valuable advice and mentoring to our team of Doctors.
- National Home Doctor Service is an accredited training provider. As well as arranging mandatory CPD sessions for our Doctors, we also ask that they attend at least ten additional educational sessions per year. So whether it is paediatric best practice, the latest anti-nausea treatments or how to manage patient expectations and prescription of antibiotics, our Doctors always have the most up-to-date information at hand.
- Did you know many Practices have switched their after hours service to National Home Doctor Service? We work with over 2,000 Practices nationally, supporting more than 7,000 GPs.
- With National Home Doctor Service as your after hours provider, you will have a dedicated GP Liaison to assist you. Your Liaison can help with accreditation or PIP documentation, quarterly or monthly summary patient reports, supply patient information materials, or arrange for your Practice phones to be answered after hours. We’re here to assist your Practice any way possible.
- National Home Doctor Service strives at all times to support General Practice. Our recent awareness campaign was designed to reinforce the important relationship between the patient and their regular GP.
- Soon we will be launching a new service, referring patients without a GP to GP Practices in their area. More than half the patients we see in the after hours say they do not have a regular GP; this new initiative will help address that problem.
- Practices registered with National Home Doctor Service can receive reports promptly via Medical Objects, Argus, ReferralNet and Healthlink.
- As part of our ongoing improvement initiatives, we regularly ask patients for feedback about their experience with National Home Doctor Service. 80% of patients score us a 9 or 10/10 for the service they received!
For more information about National Home Doctor Service and its after hours support for GP Practices contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 13SICK (that's 13 7425).
Interested in registering your Practice with National Home Doctor Service? Complete the Request Form below and one of dedicated liaisons will contact you.